Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Central Falls Rhode Island
- The City of Central Falls is located in Providence County was incorporated as a town in 1730 and reincorporated in 1895 as a city.
- According to the 2010 census there is a population of 19,376.
- The 32nd most densely populated incorporated place in the United States.
- Named after a waterfall on the Blackstone River.
- Central Falls filed for bankruptcy August 1, 2011.
- Size: 1.29 Sq Miles (Land: 1.2 Sq Miles, Water: .1 Sq Miles)
- Zip Codes: 02863
- Coordinates: 41°53′30″N 71°23′28″W
- City of Central Falls Official Website
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
Historic Central Falls
- Looking for some historic RI landmarks? Check out the Central Falls Congregational Church on High St and the Central Falls Mill District which can be found between Roosevelt Ave & The Blackstone River. The historic district was designated on July 2 1976.
- Also check out Central Street School which is located at 379 Central Street and was constructed in 1881 and registered as historic in 1979.
- You can find the Samuel B Conant House at 104 Clay St in Central Falls. The colonial revival house was built in 1895 and added to the register in 1979.
- The David G Fales house, located at 476 High St, was built in 1858. This home is a Second Empire style by Clifton A Hall. It was registered in 1979.
Adams Memorial Library
- Adams Memorial Library Website
- Address: 205 Central St Central Falls, RI 02863
- Phone: (401) 727-7440
- According to the Adams Memorial Library Website, "Loaning among friends was the first form of book exchange in Central Falls. Resident Ornam Patt, in his memoirs, recalls “book trading” in mill buildings on Mill Street as far back as the 1830’s. The Mois and Jenks shop, and that of Benedict and Woods, maintained a collection of books and it was in the latter that a library first established itself in 1847. The next mention of a book collection in the historical record refers to one reserved for members of the fire department and their families. The first published catalog dates back to 1874, when the fire department turned over its collection for the formation of a free public library. In 1882 the state permitted the Fire District to form a free library association open to all local citizens at the fire house on Cross Street. Joseph W. Freeman was the city’s first librarian."
- "On July 1, 2011, a municipal financial crisis resulted in the closing of the Library. This action prompted a group of spirited volunteers to re-open the facility a month later and continue to provide services to the public on a limited basis. The Library is currently operated by these volunteers as it reorganizes itself into a new and user-centered organization that hopes to serve the residents of Central Falls well into the 21st century and beyond."