Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
East Greenwich Rhode Island
- The town of East Greenwich is located within the boundaries of Kent County.
- East Greenwich was incorporated in 1677.
- 2010 Census notes 13,146 people live in this town.
- East Greenwich is the wealthiest municipality within the state of Rhode Island.
- Size: 15.4 Sq Miles (8.4 Sq Miles of land & 7.0 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02818
- Named after Greenwich England, then renamed Dedford in 1686 but reverted back to Greenwich in 1689. In 1741 the town divided into West Greenwich & East Greenwich.
- Town of East Greenwich Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°39′N 71°29′W
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
Kent County Courthouse
- Location: 127 Main Street East Greenwich RI
- Built in 1803
- Was built to replace an earlier contructed building that was erected in 1750.
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.
- Current use: East Greenwich Town Hall & Probate Court.
- One of the oldest active court houses in the state.
- Coordinates: 41°39′39″N 71°27′2″W
- Architect: Oliver Wickes
- A must see for any historic loving individual.
East Greenwich Free Library
- Address: 82 Peirce Street East Greenwich, RI 02818
- Phone: (401) 884-9510
- East Greenwich Free Library Website
- According to the library website, "It was fortunate for us that in almost every small village in New England there were a few men who, realizing the value of culture and education, sponsored the establishment of local libraries. In East Greenwich on March 16, 1869, a group of such men met at the office of Dr. James H. Eldredge to discuss the problem of organizing a free library. The meeting was adjourned to March 23rd, at which time it was held at Greene Farm at the corner of Love Lane and Division Street, the home of William Greene and here was signed and sealed the constitution of the East Greenwich Free Library Association." Read more at: East Greenwich Free Library Website