Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Middletown Rhode Island
- The town of Middletown is located within the boundaries of Newport County.
- Middletown was incorporated in 1743.
- 2010 Census notes 16,150 people live in this town.
- South of Portsmouth & North of Newport on Aquidneck Island.
- Size: 14.9 Sq Miles (13.0 Sq Miles of land & 1.9 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02840,02842
- Newport State Airport (Public Use), the only airport on Aquidneck Island is located in Middletown.
- Town of Middletown Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°30′42″N 71°17′12″W
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
Prescott Farm & Windmill
- Prescott Farm is a historic preservation of a colonial farm.
- Size: 40 Acres
- The currently operational windmill was built in 1811.
- Site consists of: the windmill, a guard house, a country store and a URI master gardener project.
- The farm was founded in the 18th century.
- Originally named: Overing & Page Farm.
- Founded by brothers Thomas Nichols & Edmund Nichols in 1650.
- The public buildings, a pond and walking paths are a must see on your tour of this historic new england town.
Middletown Public Library
- Address: 700 West Main Rd Middletown RI 02842
- Phone: (401) 846-1573
- Middletown Public Library Website
- According to the library website, "The first meeting of the subscribers for establishing a library in Middletown was held on January 28, 1848 and the Miantonoma Circulating Library opened in District #1 Schoolhouse – Oliphant School .
- In 1851 the Library was made a stock concern. Stock was put at one dollar per share with each stockholder to have only one vote. Nathanial Greene was chosen chairman and George Coggeshall, secretary. Aretas A. Saunders, John Gould and George Coggeshall were appointed to a committee to draft library rules and regulations. Of the stockholders, there were twelve with the surname Anthony, eight with Brown, nineteen with Coggeshall, nine with Chase, five with Green and five with Gould."
- For more information visit the Middletown Public Library Website
|Atlantic Beach||Memorial Blvd||401.847.1993||Salt|
|Second Beach /Campground||474 Sachuest Point Rd||SITE||401.846.6273||Salt|
|Third Beach||3rd Beach Rd||SITE||401.846.2119||Salt|